Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Fires Day and Night

I had a really hard time determining what was a worthy image for the RSITN blog. I decided to look up "remote sensing in the news" and see what came up. I came across some articles with fires from the summer. This was pretty interesting as at night you can see the fires at night by the glow and the smoke by the day. Pretty neat.



An image of fires during the day and night

The article boasts being seen by space. but we know the technology we have is able to see at night but it makes for a great contrast. The at night part lets the viewer pinpoint the average location of the fires. I'm assuming that that there is a geosynchronous satellite normally used for weather. I like that they decided to get this image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment