Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Atmospheric Gravity Waves Over Australia



I found this image while I was looking through the CNN website this evening.  It shows how a satellite was able to capture Atmospheric gravity waves over Australia.  I had never heard of this phenomena before reading the article, and I thought that seeing the image was very illuminating in explaining what was going on, as atmospheric gravity waves occur when big bodies of gasses act like fluids, and it was really clear and easy to see in the image. In the article they also had a video that showed some different color combinations, and though I wasn't exactly sure whether the image was true color or not, it was really interesting to see how the different ways of presenting the image showed different characteristics.    

No comments:

Post a Comment