Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Image of the Day October 5, 2017

This is my image of Venice, Italy for my image of the day for October 5, 2017. I thought this image was interesting because there are no roads or cars in Venice. I have visited Venice before so it makes sense to me that I would only see boats, water, and canals, but if someone were analyzing this image without knowing it was in Venice, it may be more difficult to figure out where in the world there are no roads. The color and block texture of the red brick buildings distinguish themselves from the smooth blue/greens of the surrounding Adriatic Sea. The white streaks in the water are boats. It is also worth noting that there is almost no green space on the large, main island. The buildings are tightly packed close to each other, but in the lower part of the image you can see a bit more green space. The green space is distinguishable not only because of the dark green colors, but also because of the coarse texture of the trees in these areas. According to the website where I found this image, Venice has been having issues with flooding and high tides. In my opinion, this may be because of climate change. In any case, this image is important because it depicts the entirety of the city, and makes it easy to see which parts of the city are most affected by the flooding. Knowing these parts of the city also makes it easier to figure out where flood prevention methods are needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment